“We have seen the Indian MEA’s [Ministry of External Affairs] statement and reports in certain sections of the Indian media alleging a drone flying over the premises of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad, foreign Office Spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri said in a statement on Friday, added reports.
These preposterous claims have no basis in facts and no proof whatsoever has been shared with Pakistan to substantiate these allegations, the spokesperson reportedly added.
He reports said also referred to last month’s Lahore blast, saying that propaganda campaign by India is also happening at a time when evidence so far collected is “increasingly pointing to external forces with a history of perpetrating state-sponsored terrorism against Pakistan”.
A foreigner identified as David Paul was taken into custody at the Lahore airport on June 25 in connection with a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (VBIED) blast in the city’s Johar Town area in which four people died and 20 others, including women and children sustained injuries, added reports.
“Pakistan rejects these patently false allegations and diversionary Indian tactics and will continue to stand by the people of Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir in their just struggle for the right to self-determination, as enshrined in the UNSC resolutions,” the statement read. (Express Tribune)