Finance deptt asks admin secretaries to deduct HRA, recover rent from employees having govt accomodation

Srinagar, Feb 12: The Jammmu and Kashmir finance department has directed all the administrative secretaries to recover rent and deduct house rent allowance (HRA) from the employees who are already in possession of government accommodations.

In an order, the finance department said that no HRA is admissible to any such Government employee who is allotted Government accommodation or is in occupation of any Government accommodation under any pretext, unless of course, expressly provided by any order or rule.

“So far as move employees are concerned their House Rent allowance is governed by Government Order No. 1376 – GAD of 1998 dated 23.10.1998. It has also been clarified that in case any amount of HRA has been paid to such Government employee who is residing in any Government accommodation such amount shall be recovered from the concerned employee forthwith.”

The order reads that all the Government employees who have been provided Government accommodation by Estates, or other departments like R&B, Tourism Department, Forest etc have to pay rent of that accommodation.

“All the Administrative Secretaries are accordingly requested to direct the Drawing and Disbursing Officers under their control to ensure recovery of HRA which has been wrongly paid to Government employees while in possession of Government accommodation in violation of rules.”

It reads that the rent of the accommodation is deducted from the employees in monthly pay bills.

“Deduction of the catering charges of the move from their monthly pay bills, where they have been hotel accommodation with free catering facilities,” the order reads.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.