‘Mirwaiz Umar Farooq stopped from leaving his house’

Srinagar, Aug 26: Mirwaiz Umar Farooq was restricted from leaving home to lead prayers at Jamia Masjid Srinagar.

Mirwaiz Manzil tweeted that Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has been barred from leaving his residence by a posse of Indian Forces. He was on his way to deliver the Friday sermon at the Jamia Masjid today, just a week after Governor Sinha said he was ‘free.’

Meanwhile, Anjuman Auqaf Jama Masjid Srinagar expressed strong disdain against the authorities for once again disallowing its incarcerated Chairman and Mirwaiz-e-Kashmir Dr Moulvi Muhammad Umar Farooq to address the faithful at the historic and central grand mosque after three years.

Anjuman in a statement  said that as soon as Mirwaiz Umar Farooq  stepped out of his residence to address the faithful at Jamia, the posse of police and forces present outside the gate stopped him and conveyed to him that he cannot move out. “Even the journalists present at the far end of the road were stopped there and not allowed to meet Mirwaiz.”

Meanwhile, a large number of people who had come from across the valley to have a glimpse of their beloved leader and listen to him were once again deeply saddened. They expressed their anger and outrage and strongly protested against the illegal and arbitrary detention of Mirwaiz Umar Farooq.

Anjuman termed it strange stating that people are unable to understand the statement of the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Manoj Sinha, who in an interview with foreign media last week claimed that Mirwaiz is neither under detention nor are any restrictions are place upon him.

Earlier, Home Minister of India Amit Shah also made similar statements twice in Parliament.

However, on ground these claims are far from reality as was once again proved today when the Mirwaiz was forcibly stopped at his gate. The fact is that Mirwaiz-e-Kashmir is being kept under continued detention which is extremely sad and condemnable.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.