Carpenter dies of electrocution in Sawmill in Budgam, another injured

Budgam, May 22: A resident of Budgam has died due to electrocution in a Sawmill in Sonpah village of Beerwah in central Kashmir’s Budgam district while another is being treated by the doctors.

An official said that the two men, identified as Farooq Ah Najar (45) son of Sadiq Najar, resident of Zanigam and Gh Mohammad Najar (55), son of Mohd Sadeeq Najar, resident of Katiruna, were working in a wooden mill when they came in contact with a live wire and were immediately evacuated to sub district hospital Beerwah.

He said both the persons were brought to SDH Beerwah where doctors declared Farooq Ahmad Najar brought dead on arrival, while Ghulam Muhammad Najar is being treated.

A police officer also confirmed the incident and said an investigation has been started in this regard. kdc

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.