Srinagar, June 17: The military talks at Major General-level between India and China in Galwan Valley of Eastern Ladakh ended inconclusively, sources in the army said on Wednesday.
“The talks have remained inconclusive as there is no immediate disengagement or change in the ground,” sources said.
On Monday night, 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a violent face-off with China’s PLA in the Galwan Valley.
According to India Today quoting sources, both sides came out of the meeting on Wednesday with inconclusive results. Another meeting is likely to happen on Thursday between military leaders of both armies for the purpose of finding a peaceful resolution to the military buildup in eastern Ladakh.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar met Prime Minister Narendra Modi at his official residence, 7 Lok Kalyan Marg in Delhi on Wednesday to apprise him of the situation.
Earlier in the day, EAM S Jaishankar discussed the face-off in Galwan Valley with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi during a telephone conversation, India Today reported
Statements by the Indian Army confirmed that a violent face-off transpired between troops from both sides in the Galwan Valley on Monday night during the de-escalation process mutually agreed upon by India and China during the first military talk on June 6.
This meeting, held at the Moldo border personnel meeting point on the Chinese side, opposite Chushul in India. The Indian delegation was led by 14 Corps Commander Lt General Harinder Singh, Indian today reported