Jammu : A professor of Cluster University Jammu and his son died of electrocution while daughter suffered injuries in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Police said that Professor N K Gupta,52, and his son Jatin,30, on Monday were clearing the stagnant water from the rooftop after rains when they both came in contact with live wire, suffered an electric shock and fell unconscious.
Police said that the deceased professor first received the shock while his son and daughter rushed for his rescue but they also fell down due to electrocution.
“The wife of the deceased immediately switched off the main switch to stop power supply while all of them were rushed to the hospital where the professor and his son were declared as brought dead and daughter Preeti,22, was seriously injured,” they said.
The Kashmir Press believes in the motto “Everything in Black and White.” It thus promises readers to provide real-time news with accuracy, fairness and impartiality.