SMHS ward catches fire, patients removed safely

Srinagar, June 11: Patients were evacuated safely from a ward of the SMHS Hospital here in Srinagar after the ward caught fire on Saturday.

Hospital sources said that ward 16 at SMHS Hospital caught fire probably due to a short circuit as a result there was panic all around.

The attendants and hospital employees managed to evacuate the patients of the ward to safer places. The fire was put out using fire extinguishers, though firefighters too rushed to the spot.

A hospital official told news agency Kashmir News Trust that all the patients were moved to a safer place and there was no report of injury to anyone.

He said the fire has been put out and everything is normal in the hospital. knt

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.