Govt empower Sarpanchs to issue construction permission of residential houses in rural areas

Srinagar, Jan 22: Government on Saturday designated Sarpanch as competent authority to issue permissions for construction of residential houses in rural areas of Jammu and Kashmir.

As per the order issued by Government of J&K,  Panchayat Secretary (VLW) and Patwari Halqa will be members of this committee.

Furthermore, for construction of commercial buildings in rural areas, the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) is now the competent authority to issue permissions. The committee will include concerned Tehsildar, Town Planning Officer, BDO and Sarpanch of Halqa Panchayat.

“In exercise of powers conferred by Section 12 sub section 2 (iv) of Jammu and Kashmir Panchayati Raj Act, 1989 read with Rule 155 & 156 of J&K Panchayati Raj Rules, 1996, as amended from time to time, sanction is hereby accorded to the designation of competent authority for grant of permission for construction/re-construction/alteration of residential/ commercial buildings in rural areas of J&K,” reads the order.

As per order for permission of residential building within the Panchayat jurisdiction, Sarpanch, Panchayat Secretary (VLW) and Patwari halqa are competent authority or part of the committee.

For construction of permission of commercial buildings including shops and government buildings SDM is the chairman of the committee while Tehsildar concerned, town planning officer concerned, BDO concerned and Sarpanch of halqa panchayat are members of the committee.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.