Srinagar, April 6: Five persons suffered minor injuries in a gas cylinder blast even as attic portion of a 3-storey house and some window panes of a house adjacent to it were damaged in a fire at Nawa kadal area of Srinagar on Tuesday.
Official sources said that there was gas cylinder blast in the attic portion of a 3-storey house at Tarbal area of the Nawa Kadal, as a result of which five persons suffered minor injuries while fire erupted in the house.
The injured were given first aid while fire tenders rushed to the area immediately and doused off the flames. The attic portion of the house and some window panes of the house adjacent to it were damaged before the blaze was brought under control, they said.
The injured have been identified as Javed Ahmad Matoo, Muzaffar Ahmad Matoo, Mohammad Anis, Mohammad Yaqoob Wani and Irdrees Ahmad Wani. “They were given first aid locally as none of them required hospitalization as injuries suffered by them were minor,” the sources added.
The locals said that some tenets who were putting up in the attic portion of the house had forgotten to switch off the gas stove as a result of which there was blast. gns