Kupwara, Jan 29 Five members of a family including two little brothers felt unconscious after consuming some forest herbs at home in North Kashmir’s Kupwara district.
Police sources said that a family at Meeyal Kralpora area of Kupwara district consumed some forest vegetables. After the consumption all the five members of the family felt unconscious.
The neighbours shifted them to Sub-District Hospital Kralpora where from they have been referred to District Hospital Handwara.
A medico said that prima facie it seems that the herbs (forest vegetables) they consumed were poisonous in nature. “All these members including two kids are being treated in the hospital,” he said.
He identified these members as Abdul Gafar Khan (50), Javaid Ahmed Khan (36), Masooda Begum (35), Basit Majeed (12) and 10 year old Hamid Majeed.
Meanwhile, a police official said that they are investigating the matter. (KNT)