Srinagar: A 17-year-old girl was electrocuted to death when she came in contact with a live wire in north Kashmir district of Bandipora on Sunday.
Official sources said that a girl, identified as Samiya Bano, received electric shock when she came in contact with a live wire at her residence in Sumbal in Bandipora.
“The girl was immediately taken to a hospital where she was declared brought dead,” they said.
After completing all the legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to his relatives for last rites. “Police has registered a case and initiated investigation into the incident,” they added.