New Delhi: India on Thursday reiterated that since the disengagement of Indian and Chinese border personnel in the Doklam area in August last year, there have not been any new developments at the face-off site and its vicinity.
The official spokesperson of the External Affairs Ministry said “status quo prevails in this area.’’ The spokesperson’s comment came in response to media reports on situation in Doklam in India’s North-Eastern region at the trijunction with Bhutan purported to be made by a US official.
“The press reports attributing remarks on Doklam to a US official is incorrect. The reference to Doklam was made by Congresswoman Anne Wagner in the form of a question posed to the senior State Department official Alice G Wells. Ms. Wells, in her reply, made no reference to the situation in Doklam and said that India is vigorously defending its northern borders and this is a subject of concern to India,’’ the spokesperson said.
“Since the disengagement of Indian and Chinese border personnel in the Doklam area on August 28, 2017, there have been no new developments at the face-off site and its vicinity. The status quo prevails in this area,’’ the spokesperson said.