Scores of people were wounded after a joint attack launched by the suicide bombers and gunmen on two Kabul police stations on Wednesday, AFP reported.
Media reports said that the loud bangs followed by gunshots were heard in the heart of the Afghan capital today and said that both the attacks are still going on.
“The AFP journalists have heard several loud explosions in the heart of the Afghan capital followed by gunfire that was confirmed by Afghan officials,” media reports said.
Meanwhile, in an attack, a suicide bomber blew himself up outside a police station in the west of the city, followed by the gunfight between the militants and the officials.
“Earlier in its first attack carried out by the Islamic State group, at least 25 people were killed including AFP chief photographer Shah Marai and eight other journalists, in twin blasts at Kabul. However no one had taken the immediate responsibility,” media reports said.
Reports suggests that Kabul has long been one of the deadliest places in Afghanistan for civilians a earlier in an attack a suicide bomber blew himself up outside a voter registration centre in the city, killing 60 people and wounding more than 100.